Wednesday 17 August 2011

The small people are often more clever than us

This is beautiful and I just had to share it..made me want to go wake up my son and give him a hug..


"I loved you the minute I heard you were coming. I loved you the minute you were born. Then I saw your face and fell in love some more. You were only a minute old, but I knew I would die for you and to this day I still would. When you choose to have a child you make a conscious decision to allow your heart to walk around your body."

And..

--One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it's worth watching. --

This quote gave me a kick in the bum to be honest. How much time do we waste thinking about doing something but often never actually make that next step? So far, I've let too much of my life slide by just being not DOING....well, the time has come ladies and gentlemen... the time has come.

This book, is the start of my actually doing something. A thought, that had been sitting there being turned over and over for an age then finally, with a little encouragement, extracted from the dreamy area of my life and bought out into reality. It may be a hit and equally so it may be a flop. The process will not be easy, I'm sure I will encounter many roadblocks where I wonder if all the heartache and invested time is worth it. But nothing worth having or doing is easy right?

DOING and not dreaming or thinking is scary. This idea of failing is terrifying. But hey, we get one shot at this thing called life. Why not give it your all.... lets take a page out of our childrens book... kids will give everything their all without thinking of the what-if. IF they fail, they may dwell on it for a small amount of time, but it won't be long (I guarantee it) until they've thrown themselves head first into their next dream with just as much enthusiasm.

We can learn so much from our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment