Thursday 13 October 2011

Muddled up Mumma - ahh.. the truth of it..

I'm sharing this blog for two reasons:

1. It's a great blog..

2. This is the kind of honesty I need for this project - curtains drawn back, saying those things that we otherwise would her hushed over..because, if you don't be completely honest, this book is a waste of my time and yours and it will not be "true".


I happened upon Muddled Up Mumma in my wandering around the internet seeking story tellers and this particular post on her blog really stuck me - so I'm sharing :)

It's called "I don't love being a Mum" and it's well worth a read.  I love the honesty - because seriously (and look at the comments) this being a Mum gig.... it's not always as wonderful as we gush it is right? 

Sometimes, for weeks on end it just feels like hard work - no, not because we don't love our children (Joe is the light of my life, the reason I keep going..I think we've established that though) but there are times when it is hard to keep juggling all the balls that motherhood throws at us - and stay sane. 

And yet, when asked "Oh yes, being a Mum is the best job in the world"

Recently, I think I shocked a young pair of church lads that knocked on my door.  One of the first things they asked was about Joe and being a Mum.  I answered them by saying that being a Mum was both the most amazingly rewarding job, and the hardest bloody thing I have ever done....and not to ask me that question at 3am when I'm trying to get him to go back to sleep because I'm so darned tired and I don't CARE if he's not!

Of course, I wouldn't swap him for the world, or give him back (he was far too hard to come by for that) I think he's the most amazing little human who has an incredibly beautiful heart...I'm very, very proud to know him, let alone be able to say "Yeah, that kid over there.. the sweet cheeky looking one.. he's my son"

But..

It's not all sunshine and lollipops. When it is though.... *sigh* isn't it lovely..

Don't crucify me - you all know these things are true - we're just not usually allowed to say them :)

Shoot on over, check her out and get a sense of how you should write your story.  Like no one is going to judge you for it.. fill it with the truth, no matter how dark.. because for the next person to tread your path........ the truth of it is what they are seeking so they too can know they are not alone.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such kind words Trine. As you know i think it's important more women speak up if they feel the way I did, but at the same time I think it's awesome that so many do genuinely love motherhood - and often unexpectedly. Thanks again for sharing my story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting about this blog Trine!

    I think anyone who ever says or even implies that motherhood is easy isn't a mother (or has grown children and is in a state of denial over just how hard a job it is).

    I personally feel it is quite frankly, hard to be always in love with a job that involves cleaning up vomit, poo, dealt with screaming, fighting, mess-making and just a general noise level which I swear must at times exceed council noise restrictions...

    I deeply love my children, but jimminy-crickets there are days I long for an office, a desk and some quiet and for someone else to be left to deal with all of the above. ;-)

    ReplyDelete